Various reasons exist for why our skin becomes looser as we age – like what we eat, how stressed we are, and our lifestyle choices. But there’s also one factor we can’t control: aging.
Here’s a quick overview:
As we get older, our skin loses its elasticity because of the impaired production of collagen, a protein that maintains skin structure. Although this happens all over our body, it’s more noticeable on our faces because of facial muscle movements, exposure to sunlight, and changes in facial fat distribution.
But what if there was a way to boost collagen production and make our skin firmer without surgery, no downtime and impressive results?
That’s where the Morpheus8 comes in.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what Morpheus8 treatment is, how it works and what to expect. Here’s what you should know before and after your Morpheus8 treatment.
What is Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is a microneedling device that utilizes radiofrequency energy to remodel and contour the face and body via subdermal adipose remodeling. This process involves delivering controlled energy to the skin to improve skin tightening and rejuvenation.
Since Morpheus8 isn’t a surgical method, it’s a fantastic choice if you want to avoid some of the side effects of surgery, such as scarring and longer recovery times. It’s also beneficial for those who have already had surgeries but still struggle with loose skin.
Although Morpheus8 is mainly used for skin tightening, it can also help improve the texture of your skin. But the big question is, how does Morpheus8 actually work?
How Does Morpheus8 Work?
Morpheus8 achieves skin tightening by using low-frequency electromagnetic waves to create controlled heat at varying depths within the layers of the skin. This heat energy triggers a healing response.
During the healing process, the skin starts producing new collagen, elastin, and fresh skin cells – these are the ideal elements for firmer and healthier skin.
What’s truly remarkable about this innovative technology is its versatility. For example, research shows that Morpheus8 is effective in treating cellulite. It’s also an excellent choice for small, delicate areas and precise facial contours because of the device’s special coated tips.
What is Morpheus8 Used For?
Morpheus8 can be used to treat different body areas, such as the face, chest, arms, abdomen and so on.
Morpheus8 has been studied to be beneficial in the following:
- Acne scars or other scars: Scar formation results from dense and thickened collagen at the skin site, following acne or other injuries. Morpheus8 disrupts this abnormal collagen structure and stimulates new collagen with a more stabilized matrix.
- Enlarged pores: Morpheus8 helps to minimize oversized skin pores.
- Loose skin: A common use case for Morpheus8 is its skin-tightening effect on lax skin. For example, the jowls.
- Fine lines: Morpheus8 reduces the appearance of fine lines around the eyes, neck, mouth, forehead, etc.
- Wrinkles: Like fine lines, the appearance of wrinkles can be reduced.
- Stretchmarks: Morpheus8 helps in reducing the appearance of stretch marks, making them less prominent with time.
- Overall skin texture: Morpheus8 can help in achieving an overall smoother skin texture.
Please keep in mind that this information is provided solely for educational purposes. The treatment you receive will depend on a variety of factors, including your goals, overall health, risk assessment, and more.
During your consultation, our medical experts will assess your specific situation and provide recommendations, including potential alternative options, to help you achieve your desired outcome.
How Long Do Morpheus8 Results Last?
You might notice results quickly after Morpheus8 treatment, but how long it lasts varies from person to person. Taking good care of your skin after the treatment can make the results stick around longer. Your age, your skin’s health, and your lifestyle also affect how long the results last.
But a general rule of thumb is 12 to 18 months.
What To Expect with Morpheus8
At MD/Cosmetic, we ensure to prepare your skin prior to treatment with appropriate skincare.
Also, we would advise at least 3-6 treatments, depending on your age and skin texture.
What To Do After Morpheus8
After your treatment, it’s common to notice some swelling and redness in the treated area. You might also see a bit of bruising. Don’t worry, this is normal, and it will go away soon.
Here are other things to note during the post-treatment phase:
- Ensure you stay hydrated with loads of water.
- Be careful not to touch your face too often.
- Change your bed sheets, pillowcases and towels. If you want to use makeup, thoroughly clean your makeup brushes and sponges.
- Be sure to follow the specific post-treatment instructions provided during your consultation because these instructions are tailored to your unique needs, taking into account your medical history, age, and other factors.
If you notice any other serious side effects, report these to your treatment provider.
Get a Complimentary Consultation at MD/Cosmetic
Morpheus8 is fantastic for improving the overall appearance and feel of your skin. This treatment blends two advanced technologies, microneedling and radiofrequency, making it adaptable to address different skin issues.
Here’s an extra tip:
“Pre and Post care for skin tightening treatments has to be medical grade skincare. Patients need to be using retinols, collagen building serums, and SPF before and after for best results!”
— Colleen Dickinson, Senior Medical Aesthetician
At MD/Cosmetic, we’re committed to helping you feel beautiful at every age.
Whether you’re ready to get started with Morpheus8 or you still have some questions you’d like answered, you can chat with us to discuss your potential options. Our team of experts will help you make a fully informed decision if this is best for you.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Note that this blog is purely for educational purposes. During your consultation, you can get more personalized details and clarification.