We are big believers in bringing your inner glow outside. At MD Cosmetic, we know that medical-grade facials are key treatments in achieving a glowing complexion. However, we understand that you may have queries concerning their effectiveness and value.
In this article, we’ll answer some of the most frequent questions we receive, such as what exactly are medical-grade facials? How can they improve the quality of your skin? And, what is the science behind their effectiveness?
So, let’s dive in and explore medical-grade facials in greater depth.
What Are Medical Grade Facials?
Medical grade facials offer a remarkable way to brighten, deeply exfoliate, and provide essential hydration. These facials are skillfully administered by medical aestheticians who adhere to protocols led by physicians.
This differentiation allows our treatment providers to use clinic-grade solutions for treating deeper into the skin (epidermis), which is not normally performed in a spa. You can learn more about the differences between medical grade facials and spa facials in our blog here.
In our personalized approach to skincare, medical-grade facials are tailored to suit your comfort level and address your specific skin concerns. This can range from chemical peels, HydraFacials, to microneedling treatments. Overall, a facial can leave you with smoother, clearer, and more youthful-looking skin that you’ll love showing off.
What are the Active Ingredients in a Medical Grade Facial?
Medical-grade solutions can consist of glycolic acid, a blend of alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), or a trichloroacetic acid (TCA) which is a stronger and deeper medical peel- giving you better results, faster.
- AHAs are naturally found in fruits and milk, which work to reveal a brighter and more even complexion by removing dead skin cells.
- BHAs, on the other hand, are great for penetrating deep into your pores and are often included in products for people with acne-prone skin.
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring humectant in our skin, responsible for keeping our skin hydrated and plump. Using hyaluronic acid in facials will give your skin a luminous and hydrating boost.
- Vitamin A, also known as retinoids, was originally used to treat acne but with further clinical research, it has been proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Crafted with the intention of accelerating cell turnover, these peels work diligently to eliminate lingering dead skin cells and reveal a fresh layer of skin, resulting in a brighter and smoother complexion.
For those with specific skin goals in mind, maintaining consistency is crucial when it comes to medical-grade facials. Your clinician will provide guidance on the optimal interval between treatments, with a monthly appointment often recommended to maximize the cumulative benefits.
Medical Grade Facials at MD Cosmetic
Chemical Peels: Experience a swift and efficient method to invigorate and enhance your skin’s radiance. This peel employs a chemical exfoliation treatment that delicately removes dead skin cells while gently stimulating collagen and elastin production. As a result, new and rejuvenated skin cells emerge, leading to a smoother and more luminous complexion. Choose from our options:
- Alumier MD AHA: A combination alpha hydroxy acid resurfacing peel that incorporates 20% lactic acid and 10% glycolic acid, great for sensitized acne-prone skin.
- Alumier MD BHA: The main ingredient is salicylic acid, which is ideal for oily, congested, and acne-prone skin.
- Alumier MD Glow: Formulated with lactic acid, salicylic acid, and resorcinol. This combination is suited for pre-rejuvenation, dull skin, and aging skin.
- ZO Stimulator Peel: Is a blend of AHAs and BHAs, designed to suit pigmented and aging skin concerns.
- iS Clinical Fire & Ice Peel: Also considered as the “red carpet facial” because it can instantly rejuvenate the skin. The process involves a blend of AHAs, BHAs, and vitamin A to resurface the skin, followed by a calming hyaluronic acid and aloe vera mask to soothe the skin.
HydraFacial MD: This is a multi-step facial that includes cleansing, exfoliating, hydrating, and antioxidant protection all in one go. It works with a gentle but effective vacuum technology that helps remove dirt and gunk from pores. If you are struggling with large or clogged pores, this treatment can be your go-to choice which results in a softer and smoother complexion instantly.
Bonus tip: Upgrade this facial to platinum. Enjoy the addition of customized boosters, a luxurious lymphatic massage, and topping it all with LED light therapy.
Dermaplaning: Is a facial solution for dealing with dull skin or peach fuzz. By using a medical-grade scalpel, it gently abrades the surface of the skin to remove vellus hair (peach fuzz) while also polishing the skin free from dead skin cells sitting on the surface.
We tell our clients one of the most important tips to maintaining the results of a facial is… SKINCARE! If they’re not using SPF sunscreen or keeping their skin moisturized, they won’t maintain the benefits of a facial. — MD Cosmetic Medical Aesthetician.
Excited to Start Your Skincare Journey with us at MD Cosmetic?
Immerse yourself in the expertise of our dedicated team of skincare professionals who are wholeheartedly committed to accompanying you on your skincare journey. Every treatment plan is meticulously customized to address your unique concerns, needs, goals, and budget. We prioritize a comprehensive 360° approach to help you attain your desired skincare outcomes.
Book your complimentary consultation today to learn more about facials, medical-grade skincare, and other science-backed treatments that can pair beautifully with your skin goals!